The Versailles Stone

Foto: Ludmiła Pietrzak

A main border sign called „the Versailles Stone” which marked the border between the Free City of Gdańsk and the German province of Eastern Prussia along the Vistula Spit in the years 1921-1939.
A granite block about 80 cm high above ground and 41×41 cm wide. Its opposite sides bear a carved inscription referring to the place and date of signing the peace treaty which ended the Great War: Versailles / 28.6.1919; on the other two sides, respectively: FD = Free City of Gdańsk and D = Germany.