boundary mark „Cardinal Oleśnicki“

Foto: Ludmiła Pietrzak

Carved out in sandstone, about 4 metres-high, a border sign in the form of a little shrine was built in 1450 on orders of Zbigniew Oleśnicki,
the Bishop of Cracow and later a Cardinal, to mark out the Church property from lands owned by a knight whose coat-of-arms was Zabawa.
The Latin inscription on it reads: ”This sign-post separates the property of the Church and the landlord.