Border of St. John Vikas 2

Foto: Sławiec

A granite pole measuring 2,22 x 0,45 x 0,57 m, narrow at the top, placed as a border sign in the years 1290 -1320 on the border of the Duchy of Nysa-Otmuchów ruled by the bishops of Wrocław. The border was known as Border of St. John Vikas. The front side of the stone bears a carved inscription in Latin: TMI / SCI / IOHIS, which stands for TERMINI SANCTI IOHANIS (St. John’s border).